Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Nov 10 14:57:55 EST 2002

[Followuping up to my own post here ...]

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Hmm, m-expressions are the writing variant I mentioned in another part
> of this thread, where unambiguous parentheses are simply removed.  At
> least, that's my exposure the the term as used by Chaitin in _The
> Unknowable_.  His use of m-expressions over s-expressions, in fact,
> were
> one of the motivations for me to stop reading.

Evidently, Chaitin's usage of the term was non-standard; some Google
research reveals that m-expressions are _not_ simply
s-expressions-without-unambiguous-parentheses:

	http://www.not-compatible.org/LISP/QA/mexpr.html
	http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?EmExpressions

/  \ With such a weapon I could boil the Earth to vapor.
\__/ Chmeee
    CSBuddy / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/csbuddy/
 A Counter-Strike server log file monitor in Python.