~~~ Python Use Question ~~~

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Sat Nov 23 20:30:44 EST 2002

> From: Roy Smith [mailto:roy at panix.com]
>
> "Delaney, Timothy" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote:
> > you can easily embed Python into C/C++ - much more so than most
                                                               ^^^^
> > scripting languages ...
>
> Why do you say that?  I'm currently working with a system
> that uses an
> imbedded TCL interpreter.  It was pretty simple to do, and
> has proven to
> be simple to extend when needed.

Note the "most". There are definitely languages that are easier to embed.
Whether you'd want to is another matter entirely ... ;)

Python has always been designed to interact easily with C code, from both
directions (Python embedding C/C++, C/C++ embedding Python). There are
libraries (SWIG, Boost.Python, etc) that make this even easier.

Tim Delaney