Python documentation in DocBook

DaveP DaveP at NEARLYdpawson.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 03:07:45 EST 2002

Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net> wrote
>> Martin, your prejudice is showing; very badly :-)
>
> Martin is one of the project leaders of the PyXML project ;-)

The statements he is making appear very biassed IMO.

> Perhaps you ought to get involved with XML a little more to learn to
> hate it
><0.4 wink>

I was introduced to it in 97 and have used SGML and XML since.
I host the XSLT faq, the docbook faq and have a book published on
XSL-FO. Not that that makes me an expert, but I have used XML for a
while.

> But XML says *nothing* about semantics.

True.

So the *real* problems stay just as hard as they were before.

> Now these hard problems have already been solved for the current
> Python doc system.  And IMO it doesn't matter much what the
> documentation source is written in, be it a subset of LaTex or some
> form of Docbook.

OK. Thats a view.

Regards DaveP