Pascal Costanza costanza at web.de
Sat Nov 9 13:42:17 EST 2002

larry wrote:

> Why do SOME people think Lisp is a fantastic programming langugae?
> Are we missing something?

Someone at comp.lang.lisp pointed out that this discussion is going on
here at comp.lang.python. I have recently switched over to Common Lisp
as my language of choice and have written an article about it, to be
found at http://www.pascalcostanza.de/lisp/guide.html - you might find
it worthwhile.

BTW, I am currently writing a just-in-time compiler for Java bytecode in
Common Lisp - I believe that a similar Python-in-Common-Lisp
implementation along these lines could be extremely valuable for both
the Python and the Common Lisp world...

All the best,
Pascal

--
Given any rule, however ‘fundamental’ or ‘necessary’ for science, there
are always circumstances when it is advisable not only to ignore the