Distributing python applications for Windows users

Martyn Quick mrq at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 11:06:49 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Simon Brunning wrote:

> I like py2exe - <http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/>.

How exactly do you use py2exe?  Do I have to list all parts of my program
in the setup command, or just the script that I call to run it?

I did try using py2exe, but it complained that it couldn't find os.path
which I was importing.  I then switched to importing os instead and py2exe
then worked, but the exe file it produced didn't do anything.

Perhaps I've found a bug, but more likely I'm doing something wrong.

> Others
> prefer Installer - <http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/distribute.html>.

I'll give this one a go and see whether I have any joy.  How easy is it to
use?

Cheers,
Martyn