Bug in Win32file WaitCommEvent ???

Kelly kkranabetter at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 13:38:16 EST 2002

grante at visi.com (Grant Edwards) wrote in news:3ddba9d6$0$4464$a1866201
@newsreader.visi.com:

> time.  If I had a C compiler and knew how to write a simple
> console app for Win32, it would be easy enough to figure out
> how it really does work.  The Win32 guys I work with directly

Borland has a downloadable version of their command line C compiler
somewhere on their web site. I used it when I needed a tiny app to change
printer ports on Windows 9x machines (extending Pythonwin looked like too
much of a chore and I don't have MS VC anymore).

I also thought creating a console app would be difficult but it turns out
to be easy: you just do standard C stuff (use main() and printf).

Kelly