Browser differences Mozilla v IE

kosh at aesaeion.com kosh at aesaeion.com
Wed Nov 27 12:25:30 EST 2002

On 27 Nov 2002, Chris Lyon wrote:

> I've been developing CGI python scripts for generating web pages which
> are served from IIS. I've been viewing them from IE successfully for
> sometime now.
> I've just downloaded and installed Mozilla and when I try to run the
> same pages from Mozilla it trys to download them and run them in a DOS
> window.
>  I'm rateh confused can anyone shed any light on where I should be
> tweaking to sort this out?
> --

Most likely you are sending a bad content type. Check and see what content
type you are sending to the browser. Sending bad content types does not
normally affect IE because it mostly ignores mime types and sniffs the
content instead however it is pretty much the only browser that will
ignore that stuff since the others adhere to specs.

Designing and building web applications http://webme-eng.com