wxPython and console window

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sun Nov 10 13:33:40 EST 2002

<posted & mailed>

Gerald Hein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new to Python. I've choosen to use wxPython as GUI.
>
> Running a Python GUI-application (and using wxPython), is there any
> possibility to suppress the python console window ?

Sure, that's what pythonw.exe is for -- it's like python.exe, but
it doesn't give the Python application a console window.  Just name
your main application script whatever.pyw rather than whatever.py,
and the default interpreter used when you double-click on it will
become pythonw.exe rather than the normal python.exe.

Be sure to do it only when your app is fully debugged, since having
no console window means you don't get error messages, tracebacks &c
that normally can help you debug your app...

Alex