A vision for Parrot

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at man.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 11:08:53 EST 2002

Benjamin Goldberg wrote:
> The set of bytecodes which Parrot will be using has been decided, and
> while it's not fixed in stone, it's quite unlikely to get a whole other
> language's bytecodes added to it.

OK, let's go for a more concrete question.  What sequence of bytecodes would let
me open a socket and talk to a remote host?  The Parrot I/O operation opcodes
don't mention anything about sockets and nor can I tell how I would invoke a
piece of helper C or C++ to do the job on my behalf.

Donal.
--
Donal K. Fellows   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~fellowsd/   donal.fellows at man.ac.uk
-- The small advantage of not having California being part of my country would