maney at pobox.com maney at pobox.com
Sat Nov 30 16:01:25 EST 2002

Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> No matter what Lisp IDE you use (LW, ACL, Corman, MCL) you'll get a
> Lisp-aware editor, the way IDLE is Python-aware.

But one doesn't need to use IDLE in order to do significant development
with Python, while you still seem to be saying that not using "Emacs
(or something like Emacs)" is problematical.  (FWIW, I've had a quick
look at IDLE and it didn't much appeal to me, so I'm inclined to think
that if IDLE or some other limited choice of IDE/editor were a
practical requirement, I likely wouldn't be using Python now.)
Actually, I'm not sure I really want to call that a _lethal_ failing,
but it surely is an obstacle between clueless newbie and novice
programmer that most other languages don't impose.  :-(