need help porting ctypes to Linux

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 18:56:03 EST 2002

In article <++UOYJA+sq29EwYj at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>, Robin Becker
<robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>In article <n0o547l3.fsf at python.net>, Thomas Heller <theller at python.net>
>
>I'm being stupid you really need a .lib for linking to the ctypes
>extension. I'll have to see if I can get my rather poor mingw to do
>that. Haven't had much success with the .dll either. The cygwin build
>was a nightmare as I recall with libtool etc etc :(
Thomas can't you use distutils with cygwin? Looked in cygwincompiler and
it says
 .....  It also contains
the Mingw32CCompiler class which handles the mingw32 port of GCC (same
as cygwin in no-cygwin mode).

I seem to remember using this with calldll once. The main problem was
getting the right .a file for representing libpython22.
--
Robin Becker