Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Mon Nov 11 02:50:57 EST 2002

Brad Hards <bhards at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> I'm certainly amazed at the tolerance people have for questions that are
> readily answered in a number of on-line tutorials, and in both the Python
> books that I have (Learning Python and the Python Cookbook). In the end, the
> friendly attitude may be the killer feature.

Out of curiosity, do you think a response like: "That's covered in the
Python tutorial -- look at [URL]" will strike a newbie as friendly or
not? I ask because that's the kind of answer I will tend to write when
I'm in a hurry. Sometimes I will take the time to phrase the answer in
my own words, but often I won't want to duplicate the work that someone
else has already done in writing that tutorial. So if you were a newbie
getting a curt response like that, would you feel it was a brushoff, or
would you feel like your question had been answered?

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com>
http://www.rmunn.com/