Coaxing DWORD values out of a Binary file...

adeptus adeptus at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 24 17:46:30 EST 2002

(in an attempt to write a utility to ginsu the data from Buzz .bm? files)
I'm loosing my mind trying to read DWORD values out of a binary file.

I've tried unpacking them via the struct module, (by passing them in as 4
byte strings) but the numbers I get don't seem to make any sense for the
file format...

Am I making a naive assumption about how VC++ would write a DWORD to a
binary file???

I'm also assuming that:
    (i386 centric)
    8-Bits = 1 Char = 1 Byte
    1 Word = 2 Bytes
    1 DWORD = 4 Bytes

What I'm asking is, what is proper officially pythonic way of accessing
DWORD values stored in a binary file by a VC++ program???

Both I and my sanity thank you in advance...
- adeptus -