Hmm... An idea: if a,b==c,d:

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Mon Nov 18 19:21:07 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1037663448.5430.python-list at python.org>,
 Chad Netzer <cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> On Monday 18 November 2002 15:02, sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:
>
> > It's like comparing strings: first the first char,
> > then the second, etc.
>
> Exactly, and what makes it easy to remember is that list, tuple, and string
> comparison are all done in the same way:

Ok, so out of curiosity what does one have to do to get string
comparisons done alphabetically instead of in ASCII collation ordering?
I tried looking in the Python Library Reference under strings and
unicode (since one would want correct handling of accented chars) but
didn't see anything.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/