A really bad idea.

Simon Wittber (Maptek) Simon.Wittber at perth.maptek.com.au
Thu Nov 14 20:24:18 EST 2002

>I think what's making the difference here is the quality/depth of the
>reference guides, not the actual languages.  A "C/C++" reference that
>is a total of 16 pages simply not comparable to a Python reference that

>is 124 pages.  C and C++ (two different languages, by the way) are not
>about 8 times simpler than Python.
>  Far from it, in fact.

I disagree. C is a very simple language. Because of its simplicity, one
needs to write lots of C code to achieve complicated things. Python on
the other hand achieves complicated things using minimal code (Imagine
having to code a list slice in C). I doubt that the C / C++ reference
includes examples on slicing lists and using dictionaries, whereas the
Python reference would *have* to, as these constructs are integral to
the language.

What was I saying again?   I don't know, its too early on the
morning....

simonw.