Tkinter File Dialog Question

Steve Zatz slzatz at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:01:16 EST 2002

Jorgen,

Thanks much for the response.  I wasn't aware that there was a
defaultextension option.  Unfortunately, it doesn't quite solve my
problem.  I am providing the users with several extension options (eg
xml, txt) and they are selecting one of those options and then
(understandably) creating a file name without an extension assuming
that it will pick up the extension they have selected.  However, I
don't see any way to get at their extension selection since the Dialog
only seems to return the filename they input.