Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 11 00:14:54 EST 2002

Richard Dillingham fed this fish to the penguins on Sunday 10 November
2002 05:31 pm:

> The C/C++ "standard" I actually assumed to be standard from the
> following facts:
>     1) MSVC++ autogenerates code that has {}s placed in the manner
>     which I
> called "standard"
>     2) Almost all of the open-source C/C++ projects I have looked at
>     have
> {}s placed in the manner which I called "standard"
>     3) Source code included with MSVC++ 6 has {}s placed in the manner
>     which
> I called "standard", and the following is quoted from

        I can't recall the name of the program, but I do recall having one on
my Amiga whose sole purpose in life was to "pretty print" C source
code... A also recall it took me some time to define the options so
that it /did/ generate the format you showed...

        Ah, found it...

NAME
       indent  - changes the appearance of a C program by insert­
       ing or deleting whitespace.