Carl Banks imbosol at vt.edu
Wed Nov 20 15:02:19 EST 2002

Alexander Schmolck wrote:
> "Scale well" normaly implies up, but what I mainly meant is that CL doesn't
> scale down well in a couple of ways. One factor are users: CL is a poor
> language for people who don't have, X (say 18)

Of all the ridiculous things I've read in this thread, this is the
worst.  18 months?  I could learn a human language in less than 18
months.

Try two or three months, at worst.  A competent and experienced
programmer can probably learn a language like Common Lisp in a couple
weeks in their spare time.

--
CARL BANKS