Michal Kaukic mike at frcatel.fri.utc.sk
Fri Nov 8 10:23:54 EST 2002

> Hi,
>
> Python comes with a set of really usefull libraries, so you can do many
> interesting things easily.  For many people this more than compensates for
> its slow execution time (compared to compiled common lisp).  Open-source
> libraries for common lisp are rare.  Scheme doesn't even define how a
> "library" should look like.
>
> A second reason for Python's popularity might be that the Python community
> is particularly friendly towards beginners.

It seems to me that Lush (http://lush.sourceforge.net) has the potential to be really useful.
And, the developers mention "bindings to the JavaVM API and to the Python C API"
(as I can see, this is yet not here, but things are rapidly changing in CVS everyday).
The symbiosis of Lisp and Python can be very interesting...

                                                    Mike

Michal Kaukic                                  (mike at frcatel.fri.utc.sk)
Dept. of Math. Methods, Fac. of Manag. & Informatics
University of Zilina,   Slovak Republic