Tkinter+CORBA+threads, two main-loops. Problems?

L Ekman emil71se at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 03:27:33 EST 2002

Hello,

I am trying to make a program that contains a CORBA server
implemented with orbit-python-0.3.1 and a GUI implemented with
Tkinter.

The problem is that both orbit-python-0.3.1 and Tkinter has
"main-loops", and can not find a way to implement this in a
single threaded program.

Two threads does not work either. The ORB-thread seems to block
out the Tkinter thread. The CORBA server works, but the GUI does
not start. Simple "print" statements shows that the Tkinter thread
runs some fiew lines, or is not allowed to start at all.

If anyone have any suggestions I'll be grateful.

Best Regards,
Lars Ekman

P.S.
I have posted a very similar question to this a couple of weeks
ago. I did not see any followup for some days, then I got problems
with news. I apologize if someone have answered my previous post
and I missed it.