rm -rf in python?

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 15 17:56:17 EST 2002

On Friday 15 November 2002 01:12, Richard Jones wrote:

> shutil.rmtree

Ah, yes.  I should have said that the standard python libraries probably had
such a call (I didn't remember one in the os module).  I just meant that any
implementation, such as shutil.rmtree(), would operate by removing all files
in a directory (perhaps recursively), before removing the directory.  I was
answering the technical question of how to remove a directory, rather than
the practical question of what standard code exists that already does this.
:)  My apologies for being unclear.

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer