Bug with getopt on sparc64?

Chris Humphries chumphries at devis.com
Sun Nov 10 00:02:57 EST 2002

hello all,

   while working on getting the python port for openbsd to compile,
 it seems to break when doing the "./python setup.py build".

spork:Python-2.1.2 {95} uname -m
sparc64
spork:Python-2.1.2 {89} cat test.py
print "hello world. this is just at test"
spork:Python-2.1.2 {91} ./python test.py
Bus error (core dumped)
spork:Python-2.1.2 {92} gdb './python test.py' python.core
GNU gdb 4.16.1
Core was generated by `python'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.
#0  0x135408 in _PyOS_GetOpt ()

   I went looking thru the Python/getopt.c file, looking for maybe
something
 that was obvious, yet didnt. Can anyone help me out on this, or point
me in
 the right direction? Why would this break?

thanks,
chris