A vision for Parrot

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Mon Nov 4 19:35:07 EST 2002

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
> .... here in Wandsworth the name Lucky Parrot has long belonged to a
> Grey that has been incarcerated in a small cage for twenty years.
> Calling such a bird dead would be a mercy.

Maybe it's not dead; it may have just ceased to be.

I had similar problems, since my next stop after the "Parrot tour",
where all this boring VM stuff was decided, happened to be New York
City, home of the extremely famous tic-tac-toe chicken.
(http://members.tripod.com/the-wire/wire0102/ny0102.html)

Since then, of course, the bird has been rescued, given a new home,
and is now much happier.

Whether we need to give a new home to our brand new Virtual Machine
performing bird is not clear, but I'm happily convinced that its soul
will not die off, and that people will make the most of its talents in
the most humane way possible.

--
"(Because if life's not shit, then you're not doing it right.)"
    - Rebecca Luckraft