property problems

Antonio Cuni TOGLIMIcuni at programmazione.it
Sat Nov 16 11:19:56 EST 2002

Alex Martelli wrote:

> and in particular that object and type were names of two thingies, now:
>     object.mytype = type
>     type.mybase = object
>
> where is the "recursion problem"?

perhaps it's because I think at python-level; I imagine 'object' is
created like this:
    object = type('object', (), { ..... })
and type:
    type = type('type', (object,), { .... })

I can't create 'object' before 'type', but neither 'type' before
'object', and type's creation is recursive.
I imagine things work because 'object' and 'type' are created at C-level,
however it seems a "strange circle" to me.

But things work, so I'm happy with python! :-))

ciao Anto
--
"Computer science is not about computers any more than astronomy
is about telescopes." -- EW Dijkstra