Foot in mouth disease

Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Sat Nov 2 15:25:25 EST 2002

Aahz> So I've been having a friendly argument for a long time with a friend of
Aahz> mine who's a real Java booster.  The current iteration was sparked by a
Aahz> discussion of extreme programming, where along the way I repeated what
Aahz> some people here have mentioned about Python being easier to refactor
Aahz> than Java.

Aahz> Anyone wanna help me out here?

http://www.idinews.com/casts.html

explains why Java programs often have to repeat type information in
many places throughout the program.  Which means that when you want to
replace one type by another, for example, you have to make lots of
little changes.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark at research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark