PyGTA next meeting (not quite scheduled)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Nov 3 15:16:19 EST 2002

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
 > Aahz wrote:
 >> <chuckle>  She lives in Toronto (I'm in California) and I'm not
 >> her type. But we'll be seeing each other in Boston next weekend.

> Hmm, maybe the PyGTA group could help by distracting her with a barrage
> of dates?  It would certainly be less work than building the refactoring
> tool, and one less person coding Java reduces the total pain in the
> world just that much more ;) ...
>
> We needed to have a meeting sometime soon anyway :) ,

On that topic, and since you mentioned it :-) :

Ian Garmaise is working hard to find a venue for the next meeting,
while I'm working hard to get regular ADSL access back up after
moving in the last few weeks. :(

Ian figures we'll be able to have the next meeting in mid-November,
barring unexpected setbacks.

He or I will post here shortly with an announcement, as soon as
something is firm.

Maybe Aahz would like to invite his Java friend to come out and
discuss refactoring code at the next PyGTA meeting.  I'm sure
there are some others who have programmed in Java (I have, at
least) and might have a few things to say one way or the other.

And Mike could ask her for a date, too. ;-)

-Peter

P.S.: Since I never had a chance (or missed a few, anyway) to
put together a nice summary of the last meeting... for the record,
for those interested, the meeting went quite well, with something
like 18 people attending and a broad range of things discussed.
The intention is to hold regularly monthly meetings (though good
venues are an issue), not bother with membership fees (which
makes finding good venues a bit of an issue, hint hint), and
sort of leave things informal until a need arises to do something
differently.  If you want to be put on the mailing list for the
meeting announcements, just ask (by email!).