My Python Editor "ActiveState Python 2.2 - Python Win IDE" does not refesh

Manuel M. Garcia mgarcia at cole-switches.com
Sat Nov 16 14:06:41 EST 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 04:53:57 +0000 (GMT), kathik thyagarajan
<karthik_qmax at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
(edit)
>I am having the trouble of having to exit the editor every time I make
>some changes to my code in order to execute the code using the
>"ActiveState Python 2.2 - Python Win IDE"  editor.

To the left of the "Run" button on the toolbar is the "Import/Reload"
button.  The "Import/Reload" button looks like 3 sheets of paper with
a little curved arrow.  When you change a module that is imported by
another module, you have to "Import/Reload" the module that changed,
or else when you run the main module that has the "import" at the top,
you will see no change.

The reason is that all your time in PythonWin running different
programs, is actually one long continuous session.  Without using the
"Import/Reload" button, Python does nothing when it sees an "import"
statement for a module already imported.  "Import/Reload" forces a
reload.

Manuel