Python IRC dictatorship

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Nov 26 15:40:29 EST 2002

John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>    Cliff> Perhaps the Ruebot should be considered for honorary
>    Cliff> "Village Idiot" status on c.l.py.  The subject line on all
>    Cliff> of his posts could be prefixed with "[Comedy Relief]" to
>    Cliff> help avoid misunderstandings.
>
> At least he's in good company.  I only knew of 3:
>
>  bots = ['effbot', 'martellibot', 'timbot']
>  bots.append('ruebot')

Interestingly, people have been calling him ruebot since before he
posted on comp.lang.python; try google searches (or google groups
searches) for him and you'll see they've been calling him ruebot
since at least '99.

See also some PSU opinions, for those in the now.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ruebot+group:comp.lang.python&hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=afnrdv%24els%241%40newshost.accu.uu.nl&rnum=1

grok:
  Continue with posting here as if I never said anything about PSU.