Python 2.2.2 on OS/390 V2R10

pu pu at myRealBox.com
Sun Nov 3 05:58:09 EST 2002

> If it runs under USS, then it's callable from JCL. Check your JCL
> manual for the method of running Posix programs. I seriously
> doubt that it would be accessable from CICS, and I wonder
> why anyone would want to?

Well, I could imagine writing a CICS program / transaction that's written in
Python, same as for REXX; but basically you are right.

> If someone wants to _hire_ me to do the port I'll send you my
> email address privately.

I am currently doing a small study to see how and if Python might be used by
our three teams (Windows, AIX and OS/390). I doubt that it will be an option
for the latter, the just adore REXX, especially under TSO, for scripting.

Anyway, I'll let this newsgroup know if porting REXX to OS/390 is an option.
Thanks for your answer.
-Patrick