PyXML unable to make_parser twice

Mr Man the_mr_man26 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 06:14:02 EST 2002

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis wrote in message news:<m3vg2hmm9m.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>...
> the_mr_man26 at hotmail.com (Mr Man) writes:
>
> > Now obviously - I need to free something or other in between creating
> > the first one - and creating the second one - but I am not sure what.
>
> No, this is a bug in PyXML.
>
> The most likely reason why you triggered this bug is that you don't
> have a working PyExpat installed. Please try to import
> xml.parsers.expat. If that fails, correct the error.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Thanks Martin - I tried what you mentioned with the following results

akira:~/4Suite-0.12.0a3 # python
Python 2.1.1 (#1, Sep 24 2001, 05:28:47)
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)] on linux2
>>> import xml.parsers.expat
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/xml/parsers/expat.py", line 4, in ?
    from pyexpat import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.1/xml/parsers/pyexpat.so: undefined
symbol: _PyObject_GC_Del

I installed the 4Suite package (this is where PyExpat is isn't it?)
from source but it didn't have any effect.  What do I need to do to
ensure that PyExpat is installed correctly?

Thanks a lot

Paul..