Bug in Win32file WaitCommEvent ???

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Wed Nov 20 10:11:51 EST 2002

On 20 Nov 2002 01:07:57 GMT, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Sounds like the mask location is safe if you don't call
>> GetOverlappedResult??

OTOH it looks to me pretty sure that a persistent LPOVERLAPPED structure at least
is expected for the duration of the background operation.

and, thinking about it, it says,

"GetOverlappedResult reports the success or failure of the operation, and the
variable pointed to by the lpEvtMask parameter is set to indicate the event that occurred."

but you don't re-specify lpEvtMask with that call, so I think I would agree with your
original take on all this.

They wouldn't just force a wait all the time, would they? Though I can imagine that
being a tempting temporary quick fix for something, and temporariness sometimes stretches.

Regards,
Bengt Richter