Nastiness with global vars. How do I avoid?

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 27 16:30:15 EST 2002

    Rich> Does anyone have any idea how I could use a Class instead to
    Rich> acheive the same functionality? Ideally I'd love to have
    Rich> classes for all the different kinds of methods and stuff
    Rich> too, but this is the most critical bit.

Often times a borg comes to the rescue when you are inclined to use a
global.

  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/66531

If you are familiar with the concept of a singleton, this will make
sense to you.  If not, a little background reading will shed some
light.

Search google for:

   singleton design pattern

John Hunter