accessing front of a list

Manuel M. Garcia mgarcia at cole-switches.com
Tue Nov 26 20:36:22 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:50:35 -0000, "Simon Bunker"
<simon at rendermania.com> wrote:
(edit)
>Are there any books worth buying -
>particularly
>O'Reilley ones? I have seen Learning Python but don't know if this will
>cover much more
>(although the Perl Llama book isalways useful for Perl), the Programming
>Python
>and Python Cookbook and the Standalrd Library book. It would be nice if
>there was a
>"in a Nutshell" one.

Python is a "smaller" language.  You can use the O'Reilly Pocket
Reference in much the same way you used the Perl Nutshell book, in my
experience.

There was a big argument in the newsgroup earlier about whether it
makes sense to call a language "small" or "smaller".  It "feels"
smaller to me.  Of course, your perception is the only one that
counts, but try the Pocket Reference first, and see if that is the
only hardcopy reference you need.

Manuel