nandrats at mail.mdanderson.org nandrats at mail.mdanderson.org
Wed Nov 20 16:33:10 EST 2002

I just joined the mailinglist and am a complete newbie to python, although I
have experience in C++ programming.

Unfortunately, I feel quite irritated by the thread (Why is Python popular,
while Lisp and Scheme aren't?) ? I thought that this is a python list where
every kind of language related question can be posed. But this thread in my
opinion is getting out of range.

When somebody considers language X to be superior to language Y, then please
stick to it and do not try to convince people on a mailing list for language Y.

Besides, I really think that this is a very friendly list, but right now, I'm
getting more emails about this thread than really relevant mails for a newbie!

It's probably not very diplomatic to complain about it as a newbie, but it is
more intimidating than helping.

NIC