need help porting ctypes to Linux

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Nov 20 08:16:54 EST 2002

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> Usually I let gdb start python up as far as the interactive prompt,
> use ^Z to get back to gdb, set breakpoints, use 'c' to continue my
> program and run the problem code interactively.  In particular, using
> ^Z may be less confusing than using ^C.  Not sure, though.

I still must get used to job control (^Z, fg, bg).  The Minix system
where I initially gained my unix experience didn't have it.  Oh, those
were the times...

The systems at the university were much worse: a Amdahl Unix emulation
running under CM/VMS (or was it CMS?) on IBM mainframes, used via
TN3270 emulation on PCs.

Thomas