win32: own content-type --> start python script

Thomas Guettler zopestoller at thomas-guettler.de
Tue Nov 12 10:29:32 EST 2002

Chris Gonnerman schrieb:
> [...]

Sorry, I think you missunderstood me:
I don't want to execute python scripts in the browser,
I want to pass a own data format to a script on the
client.

The data format has the following format:

"""
user=foo
password=foo
server=http://foo.com/uploadFiles
EOD
Here comes the binary data ......
"""

I only want to like the fileextension/content-type
to the script on the client. The client reads the
header (until EOD) and then starts ms-office with
the binary data.

I think it just needs some entries in the registry: like
".doc" is linked to "C:\programms\....\winword.exe".

If the file changed the script uploads it to the server.

We do this because WebDAV is not stable, and need some
easy way to integrate ms-office into a web-application.

  thomas