RE to Parse Oracle Net8 tnsnames.ora

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Tue Nov 12 10:17:05 EST 2002

Anyone have a ready-made regular expression to parse out the Oracle net8
service name labels from the tnsnames.ora file? What I'm looking for is a
way to get a list of possible connections from the tnsnames.ora file. For
example, from the sample file syntax below I just want a regular expression
which returns label1 and label2...
label1 = (description_list=
  (description=
     (address=(...))
     (connect_data=(...)))
  (description=
     (address=(...))
     (connect_data=(...)))
)

label2 = (description_list=
  (description=
     (address=(...))
     (connect_data=(...)))
  (description=
     (address=(...))
     (connect_data=(...)))
)

Note: after "label=..." spacing and carriage returns can vary. Whatever
appears after the label can be all on one line with no spaces or it can have
any number of spaces and carriage returns.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE !!!!!!!!

Steve Orr
Bozeman, Montana