Python documentation in DocBook

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Nov 16 02:47:25 EST 2002

Ken Starks <straton at lampsacos.demon.co.uk> writes:

> 'search for documentation' the intelligence to respond:
>
>  * by level of programming skill
>     + you don't get stuff you've know for years
>     + you don't get stuff that is well beyond you

This would be possible to implement *just* by converting the
documentation to XML???? How can the system know what stuff I've known
for years?

>  * with extras, we can add, either in private or in public:
>    + pictures and diagrams
>    + collated threads from the newsgroups
>        | collated by keyword, modules mentioned, author
>    + snippets of code (of  local or general relevance)
>        | task in human language
>        | solution in pseudocode
>        | solution in python
>        | solution in another language ...

That is a property of the resulting documentation system, right? If it
is PDF, I already can add notes to the documentation. If you think you
need the documentation as XML to implement that, just compile the
existing documentation to XML, using the existing compiler - it
appears that this would be possible with no change to the source
format of the documentation.

Regards,
Martin