HTML email marketing tool

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Nov 13 02:35:31 EST 2002

Terence Ng <ngterry2000 at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

>I know what a spammer do.  My situation is that:  My
>company has just finished an electronics fair, and
>received a lot of business cards asking for quotation,
>etc.  I am not asking for a heavy weight mailing list
>server.  There is already a lot on the internet.  This
>is a very common business practice.  I just want to be
>smart sending the emails to this list instead of
>sending the emails one by one.

There ARE legitimate reasons for this kind of mailing list.

I'm not sure what part of this you need help with.  You posted to the
comp.lang.python newsgroup; do you know Python?  Do you already know how to
fetch the addresses out of MySQL?

I would create a "template" of the e-mail, looking exactly the way I wanted
it to look, then just use smtplib.sendmail to send the message.  It isn't
that hard.  IIS will not be involved.

You will need an SMTP server to pump the message through.  Unless you're
running one in house, you'll have to make sure your ISP allows you to do
this.  Do you have to hook up to a web site for hits and removals?
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.