Tkinter scrolling canvas questions

Richard Kuhns rjkuhns at geetel.net
Fri Nov 29 09:57:34 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:19:41 +0100
Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> wrote:

> The class ScrolledFrame in Pmw is your friend:
> http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/ScrolledFrame.html
>
> Download it @ http://pmw.sourceforge.net/
>
> The "real" method would actually involve computing the size of each
> frame you build via frm.winfo_height() (after a frm.update(), or the
> size will always be 0 or 1), add them all and configure your Canvas's
> scrollregion with that. Since Pmw does all the work for you, you really
> shouldn't bother...
>
> HTH

Thanks; ScrolledFrame (and the rest of Pmw) looks very useful, and I'll be
experimenting with it in mere moments.

Would you mind telling me what you used for a reference to find info on
winfo_height() and update()?  Did you just install and read through the
Tcl/Tk docs, or is there a particular book you like?  I like PP2E over
all, but the index leaves a little to be desired.

	- Dick
Richard Kuhns			rjkkuhns at geetel.net