loggin out automatically

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Nov 4 21:10:22 EST 2002

In article <3DC718BE.7060706 at cyberspace.org>,
trewornan  <treworn at cyberspace.org> wrote:
>Cameron Laird wrote:
>>
>> So:  did that make it clear?  No, you cannot use
>>   system("logout")
>> or a close variation to achieve what you want, but,
>> yes, there are several Python-based ways to write it.
>
>Yes I think I understand that although it seems a convoluted way to go
>about things.
>
>I couldn't find anything any in the linux documentation which could do
>it - PAM etc just doesn't seem to be into it.
>
>Thanks for your help

Say again what you want:  is it automatically to limit
one particular user to a fixed session length?  Do you
have a collection of users you want to limit?  Do you
want to intervene before each action, or have them hap-
pen automatically?  Are the users logging in through
telnetd, sshd, ...?  Are they X consumers?  Precise
understanding might reveal that this is less convoluted
than it currently appears.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net