"Universal Gateway"

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 7 06:49:46 EST 2002

Thomas Heller:

> With this module available, and an additional com foundation
> which is included in it's test directory, Neil's sample
> can be written in this way:

   That's much nicer than my code.

> I didn't advertise my ctypes module, because the documentation is not
> yet complete, and I probably don't have the time to support it.

   It can take a lot of time to support open source code but this deserves
wider distribution. If I was working on Windows (I'm currently stuck on
Linux) I'd certainly want to use this module as it moves beyond calldll
allowing much clearer and maintainable code. A good improvement would be to
read type libraries to build the message lists and argument descriptions.

   Neil