Problem with paths on Win 9x

Lexy Zhitenev zhitenev at cs.vsu.ru
Mon Nov 25 12:19:57 EST 2002

> I'm trying to invoke a package, and I'm not getting very far.
> C:\Python22\MyStuff\AstroPy3>python fit\FileRunner.py CivilDateAT.htm
CivATOut.htm

> C:\PYTHON22\PYTHON.EXE: can't open file 'fit\FileRunner.py'
> The path to FileRunner.py is:
>
> c:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\fit\fit\FileRunner.py

Probably, you have forgotten one 'fit' dir. Your running path should look:

C:\Python22\MyStuff\AstroPy3>python fit\fit\FileRunner.py CivilDateAT.htm
CivATOut.htm

or

C:\Python22\MyStuff\AstroPy3\fit>python fit\FileRunner.py CivilDateAT.htm
CivATOut.htm

Also, your package should meet certain requirements:
1) it must have __init__.py in its dir.
2) it must be a subdir of your running script or be present in your sys.path

ALL subpackages should have a __init__.py file.

If you wish to run your script from a package, you have to create a 'run'
script, something like

#!/usr/bin/env python

import fit

fit.fit.FileRunner.main()