Sending group mails from Python

Max M maxmcorp at worldonline.dk
Fri Nov 29 02:52:12 EST 2002

I am writing a small web based groupware program, and is often in the
situation where I want to send mails out to an add hoc created group of
user.

Ie. calendar notifications, information subscriptions etc.

Sort of an "embedded" list server.

Writing a program that sends out mail in Python is trivial, but my
worries are that the server will be bogged down if there is problems
with the mail server.

Does anybody have a clue/pointer as to the best approach or most common
pittfalls for this?

I considdered using mailman, but think that it is a bit overkill.
Especially if I want to make distribution of my app simple.

regards Max M