python, Qt and HOOPS 3D

Karl G. Merkley karl at elemtech.com
Wed Nov 13 18:27:19 EST 2002

HOOPS is a 3D graphics engine built on top of OpenGL.
They provide a Qt widget that is derived from QWidget
called HQWidget.  In many ways this widget is analagous
to QGL widget but with high level functions like orbit_camera().
See http://www.hoops3d.com/downloads/linux/linux.htm for the
details including a free linux version.

So, what I want to do is create a wrapper for this HQWidget
so that I can create one in python.

I've switched from swig to sip, but I'm still struggling with
figuring it out.  Any pointers would be appreciated!

	Karl