Python documentation in DocBook

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Tue Nov 12 06:09:23 EST 2002

In article <Xns92C46D565640Ddpawsonfreeservecouk at 216.168.3.44>, DaveP wrote:
> Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net> wrote in
>
>> Of course I agree that the standard Docbook DTD wouldn't be sufficient
>> and would need to be extended.
>>

> Could you be more specific on this please?
> Docbook's purpose is to document  software, so if you've
> found a shortfall, I'm sure the docbook group would be interested in
> filling any such gaps?

As far as I understand, it is quite normal to extend Docbook to meet specific
needs. It's specifically designed to be easily extensible.

> What sort of extensions?

See MvL's message in this thread:

http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=m3bs5fbi7l.fsf%40mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de

or, shorter URL:

http://tinyurl.com/2mhm

many of these aren't supported by the Docbook DTD, yet. \seerfc, for example.
--
Gerhard Häring
OPUS GmbH München