A vision for Parrot

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 15:39:50 EST 2002

> So?  Pass these in as arguments.  There's no need to recompile a
> procedure for each and every different set of arguments that might be
> passed to it.  That would defeat the point of having procedures in the
> first place.

A binding isn't a procedure. Indeed, I'm pretty sure that [eval] doesn't
cache bytecode in bindings because it's more inefficient than
regenerating the bytecodes each time. It's good style to invoke a
procedure, but hardly necessary. And indeed, putting something like
"break" or "continue" inside a procedure called by a binding doesn't
have the same effect as putting it in the binding.