Python documentation in DocBook

DaveP DaveP at NEARLYdpawson.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 03:11:08 EST 2002

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) wrote in
news:m3u1ilqic9.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de:

> DaveP <DaveP at NEARLYdpawson.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>
>> > However, it is not clear to what the value would be of completing
the
>> > circle, given that the XML is of no use.
>>
>> Martin, your prejudice is showing; very badly :-)
>
> That might be the case. However, as a question, I meant it seriously:
> What do I gain from converting the Python documentation to XML?

In an earlier mail you mentioned the toolset for XML.
Saves a lot of work.

> Longer-term, I have been considering that using XML might help
> translating the Python documentation to French and German, but I'm
> certain that nobody else has that usage in mind. So I'm wondering what
> other people expect from this, apart from buzzword compliance.

<grin/> OK, the last bit rings true.
Docbook has a significant multi-lingual element for boiler plate,
the techniques are re-usable though. Norm Walsh did a talk on it
at a conference I hosted in 2001 if you are interested.

Regards DaveP.