[Jython] out of memory during jythonc compilation

Andreas Ulbrich ulbi at ivs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 11 05:25:38 EST 2002

Robert Oschler wrote:
> I tried to compile a python file using the following options:
>
> jythonc --deep --jar new.jar new.py
>
> After cranking away for several minutes, it terminated with an "out of
> memory" message, and suggested increasing the heap size with the "-mx"
> option.  I then tried:
>
> jythonc -J-mx1000000 --deep --jar new.jar new.py
>
> And got the same error.  I then tried  50M instead of 1M for the heap size
> and still go an "out of memory" error.  new.py pulls in the Jython XML
> package structure, and the memory error always occurs right after
> "processing codecs".  Anybody know what I might be able to do about this?
>
> thx
I've had similar problems quite a while ago when Jython was called
JPython and had version numbers less than two. Increasing the heap size
helped, but you may want to try something more substantial than 50 MB.
Give it everything your machine has. I managed to compile everything
when the heapsize was at least 256 MB. A fast machine comes handy, too :-)