gc (was Re: Why is Python popular, while Lisp and Scheme aren't?)

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 14:37:16 EST 2002

Kenny Tilton wrote:
>   true garbage collection (I am /not/ looking forward to reference
> counting or the hoops one has to jump thru to handle cyclic refs)

Someone was kind enough to email me that the above is mistaken. I just
revisited the page where I got that info, turns out it was 2000. My
correspondent did not specify, but is this provided by the optional GC
module, or is it now just part of core Python?

Either way, great news.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc